Tuesday, March 28, 2006

what's in a face?

The auditions for Bayanihan were held today. Everyone was asked to come, old and new. I went out of the audition room feeling dissapointed. The panel let us all stand there in a line, according to height. Tallest to smallest. I was among the smallest ones... Then after that they made us shift different places just to see which faces "blended" well together. It bothered me so much, that the 'senior ones' in particular weren't made to do anything. Not even dance. (Oo nga, siyempre matagal na nila nakikitang sumasayaw ang mga senior. Pero para saan pa na pinapunta lahat para mag audition. Hindi ba't para fair?) It was like the selection was based purely on looks. I have nothing against admiring the beautiful, but if I were to choose, I'd be after talent, brains, but most especially heart. Someone who has passion for dancing and most especially for our culture. Our country is suffering from so much already, and if there's something I know I can be proud of as a filipino, its the passion and drive that a lot of us have. The talent. The richness and diversity of our culture. I know why Bayanihan does this kind of judging... they want stunning performers, etc... But really... is that actually more important then the attitude im trying to talk about? Im quite depressed...

Talked to my parents about it. My mom agreed with me. Nakakatawa nga kasi she started talking about Ateneo and the Blue Eagle syndrome. Ika nga niya: "Ateneans are taught to soar high." That's why I feel this way raw. Dissapointed and all. But on the other hand, my dad naman was like: "Pucha dati ang gaganda ng mga bayanihan!" So sa tingin ko may katotohanan sa parehong panig. Pero alin ba talaga? Ganun ba ka halaga ang hitsura? FOr the guys, ano sa tingin niyo? Ewan ko.. basta ako. Eto talaga ang paninindigan ko. I will do my best and make my country proud. I will work on my craft and work on my looks I guess. haha.. nakakabaliw. Kanina talaga init ng ulo ko.

1 Comments:

Blogger heaven_spawn said...

Hayaan mo muna Ina. Like I tell my friends (who ask me about uh... somebody, hehe), "Looks CAN get you the job. Sometimes. But it sure ain't gonna let you keep it." :D

5:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home